This weekend, I managed to finish 2 quilts! Okay so maybe not 2 completely, I finished one today (binding). The first was a simple baby quilt that I used scraps on. It measures 38" square. I followed in Amanda Jean's (Crazy Mom Quilts) footsteps and used some free motion quilting in a grid pattern. I intentionally made it wavy and both me and my husband were impressed at the final outcome. So much that I used the same technique on the next quilt in this post. I'm putting this one in my etsy shop. It's pretty cheap because for some reason I had some issues with the sashing and one of the blocks ended up wonky. Sad.
The second is my vintage sheet picnic quilt. I've been collecting vintage sheets for a couple years now, and I started cutting strips out of them in order to make a strip quilt. The smallest sheet I got was a twin, so all the rest had to be cut down to size. I backed it with half a king size flat sheet that I bought along with matching tied quilt a couple years ago...I still have the quilt and I'll have to share a picture of it because it's really cute, with scallopped edges. Back to the quilt, it's about 47x72. It's more long and skinny than I'd hoped but it's okay since it's just for sitting on when we go have lunch at the park this summer. I used an old teal sheet to bind it which I'm super happy with because it really pulls out the blues in the sheets.