Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Things...

I've been busy this week trying to get a lot of sewing projects done while my mom was in town visiting. I don't think I mentioned, cuz I wasn't sure if I could or not, that I am a block tester for Quilt Maker Magazine's 100 Blocks volume 6. I've been having a lot of fun seeing the blocks that have been coming my way. A couple of them I plan on making into pillows and a couple others into mini's. I don't feel right about posting pictures of them since the mag is still in the layout/editing process, but one of the blocks was on my list of things to get done this week. Another project I got done was a set of burpcloths to accompany the baby quilt I posted about earlier. Maybe it's just me but these are sort of a pain...it may or may not be all the pinning that they require. I'm not a pinner. 


I've also been doing a lot of sketching. I'll be adding some water color to these and then trying to use my Bamboo to sketch them into my computer. 


This is also an idea I think I'm going to use for my Modernista Swap. I love that the pattern could almost be a quilt pattern itself. No piecing required. This is all that my partner will be able to see since it's anonymous. I'm not going to use the fabric shown, the colors she likes are actually the complete opposite. It makes me nervous that when I start posting the process pictures that my partner will figure out it's for her. I guess that's part of the fun of swapping, but I'd like to keep it a suprise for as long as possible.

Inspiration

2 comments:

  1. hello! i have nominated you for the versatile blogger award. i've been following your blog for only a short time but i enjoy it greatly. i have recently begun quilting so your blog has been a great source of inspiration. if you would like to accept this award you can visit the nomination post at my blog, here: http://captainsharmie.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    thank you so much for all your work! can't wait to see what you do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness, Your sketches are so good!!! I love them.

    ReplyDelete