Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013...a year to finish

2013 is my year to get things done. I feel overwhelmed going into my sewing area. So many projects, so little time. I didn't want this year to start slow like last year (although I didn't have a choice in the matter with my back being out for 2-3 months). Before the holidays my sewing time had been used for editing engagements or pre-bridals or sewing some small presents. Now that the holidays are over, and the wedding has come and gone, my prime sewing time has been spent editing wedding pictures and trying to get back into our regular routine. I haven't even attempted to tackle the pile of laundry from the two weeks we spent in California. Instead, I've been admiring the #triparoundtheworld scrappy quilts that have been popping up all over blog land (making me want to start yet another project), and admiring these:






Isn't the bouquet awesome?! My friend Brandy came across a tutorial online and made it using Rock 'n' Romance by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics. I just recent'y finished those pictures, and now I am ready to get back into sewing mode. I've realized that doing so will take some careful planning on my part. We live in tight quarters and my 18 mo old is a super light sleeper, so my only time to sew with out it being disruptive is in the early evening right when my hubs gets home. But in November I joined a gym so a large chunk of my evenings have either been spent there, or having family time when my husband comes home. It'll all be fine and well, once I come up with schedule that works for us all. 

In order to help myself stay on track for getting things done this year, I'm joining the She Can Quilt 2013 Finish Along. The FAL will be split into quarters. With all types of goals, in order to set yourself up for success, you must make them realistic. So I made a list of all the tasks I need to complete this year, and I split them into quarters. For this quarter my list includes:




2 baby boy plus quilts (currently cut out and on the design wall - sorry about the bad iPhone pics and the stickies i left one them. I originally had these combined into one, but I figure I'll actually get them done if I make them 2 smaller quilts, instead of one bigger one.)
"Left Overs" baby girl quilt (put away somewhere)
2 Reunion baby quilts (put away somewhere - need more fabric)
Hilary's A Walk in the Woods baby quilt (ready to baste)
Hub Quilt (<----more on that later)

This quarter will also include projects for two swaps I'm currently in:



she can quilt

2 comments:

  1. I just love all your stuff and am so jealous of all your talents, LOL! And the bouquet...genius! If I had it all to do over again, that fabric bouquet is the bomb, so you're friend Brandy is kinda awesome, too. The pics are beautiful and your sewing is amazing...the end. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring! I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete