Thursday, February 17, 2011

I picked up these babies at 2 different garage sales in Cali. Actually, my mom picked up the tall dark and handsome one. Thanks MOM! And this is what I came up with. I forgot to take a before picture of the rocking chair, but it was a little lighter wood than the other. And it was so dried out that it took a whopping 5 cans of spray paint. Yeah. The thing isn't even that big. Anyway, I had a hard time choosing how to do the seat, and if I were keeping it for myself I would not have used the black and white. But I wanted it to appeal to someone who decorates with more contempary sleek style who wants to ad a piece from the past. I love the black chair and am even more excited about the fabric I chose for it, but again, I didn't see either of these pieces in my own place. So I hope they go out into the world and are scooped up with a lot of love (and maybe a little green) now that they've had their makeovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment