You may have noticed that I love to make accessories as well as quilts. It's fun! I have never written a tutorial before so I hope that the instrtuctions for this one are clear and understandable. I have tried (I failed for the prep steps, sorry) to include good pictures for each of the steps for those people that are more of "see-ers" than "followers".
Fabric (at least 1-2.5 inches by the width of the fabric)
(cotton, satin, silk, etc. anything that's not too thick or bulky)
Glue Gun with extra glue sticks
Ribbon (about 12 inches long)
Embellishements (buttons, beads, broken jewelry, etc.)
1. Cut your fabric about 2 inches by the width of the fabric. (Wider bolts will make approx. 2 good sized flowers) For the bracelets you'll want anywhere between 3-5 flowers depending on how big you make them.)
2. Fold your fabric in half length wise, wrong sides together, and tie a knot at one end. That will be the starting end of your rosette.
3. Cut how ever many felt circles as you would like flowers.
Making your bracelet:
1. Put a dab of hot glue at the center of your felt circle.
2. Begin twisting your fabric. Glue at the base of your knot and begin glueing down your twisted fabric in a spiral from the knotted center.
3. When you get to the outside of your felt circle, tuck the remaing bit of your fabric under and secure it with glue.
Continue steps 1-3 until your flowers are done.
4. Depending on your layout, use a dab of glue on the edge of your flowers to secure them to each other. Put a line of glue down the center of your cluster and adhere your ribbon.
5. Cut a piece of felt to match your layout and glue it to the bottom, sandwhiching your ribbon between your flowers and the felt .
7.Tie onto your wrist and wear!
The design possibilities for these are endless!