Friday, November 25, 2011

Around the Table...

Yesterday my little family spent Thanksgiving with friends instead of family. Even though we did not celebrate Thanksgiving because my friends husband was traveling and didn't get back until late last night, we spent the day visiting, playing, prepping, and enjoying each other's company. My friend has a college aged daughter that came up from one state down with a few of her friends. I decided that I would take over some fun crafts for them to do. We spent hours around the large kitchen table, laughing, joking, and discussing various events they could make these rosettes for. Including Christmas presents, bridesmaids gifts, pillows, brooches, and even adding them to their comforters. They were very fun to hang out with for the holiday and take our minds off of not partaking of Thanksgiving foods until today! So I now type this post as I wait to load a ton of mashed potatoes, creamed corn, rolls, and my kids, into the car so we can head back over and eat srumdiddlyumptious food now that her husband is safely home. These friends have certainly made this years Thanksgiving a memorable one and I thouroughly enjoyed the hours and hours of crafting time spent around the table yesterday. I have to say though, the best part of yesterday, was when the day was done, and the girls and I headed to Walmart to begin our Black Friday participation, her daughter told me they were glad I was there with them (in regards to the entire day we spent together) and it meant a lot to me to be a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. How sweet - sounds like you have some really good friends to share special times with! Enjoy your Thanksgiving today - and thanks for linking up to The Table!

    ReplyDelete