Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas to me

My husband asked what he could get me for Christmas...I said, "...uh, you know." He said, "No, I really don't." I said, "Hello? Fabric?" His response was, "You have a ton of fabric already!" Well, maybe to him I do. I certainly don't feel like it. Although, I did try and buy a bunch when my local quilt shop went out of business, but I limited myself the few times I went in. And have you seen all the NEW fabric that is/coming out??? Let's just take a little peeksy of a couple fo my faves shall we? (images property of their respective sites/authors)


I didn't think Bonnie and Camille could top Bliss, but then they came out with Ruby. Then when I convinced myself that nothing could be better than Ruby, they are coming out Vintage Modern: L.O.V.E.

image removed


I love these color combinations that Randi used to put together these half yard bundles. SO FUN!

 image removed

So this year we decided that we would just give each other a small allowance for Christmas to buy ourselves something. This is what I purchased for myself. I got these fabrics (first picture below) at JoAnn's at the beginning of November; quilters quality cotton prints (1/2 yards; 3 bottom) and 2 Denise Schmidt fabrics (1/2 yards, 2 top). Then I hit up JoAnn's at 5:30am for their Saturday after Thanksgiving sale and got myself some half yard cuts of a few more of those quilters cotton prints for $1.00 ea. (on sale for $1.99 a yard).

 Here is a look at my stash now...not including some precuts and yardage that will remain in my own personal quilt stash.

And this is what I ordered myself online about a week ago. Merry Christmas to me! I got the bottom Play Dots and the Girl in Tree fabrics which are from the Sherbet Pips by Aneela Hoey for Moda line onsale at Burgundy Buttons. Then I ordered this Walk in the Woods charm pack from Aneela Hoey for Moda on a Moda sample spree of future line precuts from Green Fairy Quilts.

These will also be put in the personal stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment