Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lego my TP...

I came across the Dress Up Your Roll competition, hosted by Want it Need it Quilt, a couple weeks ago...and I've been having the hardest time trying to figure out what I wanted to do. So I sat and stared at a roll of toilet paper today, until the center some how became 3D and I saw this white lego head. It was weird. I hadn't gone through the tutorial yet and I didn't want to waste any really good fabric on a trial run, so I picked up a yellow t-shirt at my local D.I. (Deseret Industries - thrift store) since my neareset JoAnn's is 30 minutes away. But, I really like the way the little guy turned out, so this is my entry. I love that because of the jersey knit fabric, I can interchange the facial features. I do have super mini velco pieces under the eyes but everything else just stays with a little pressure. What'dya think? Would you put this lego roll on the back of your toilet? I can think of a certain 5 year old who might enjoy this a little much when using the facilities.





8 comments:

  1. Oh my heck. If you decide to sell them I'll take three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may look like a bunch of different ones but really I just used tiny Velcro pieces to change the faces on one roll!! Heheheh!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing,lovely way to cheer up the WC . Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea for the toilet roll cover competition.
    I have a lego mad son who even said they look great. If they knew I was making toilet roll covers they would have me locked up , maybe I should have said I would make lego ones.lol

    ReplyDelete