Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Belated Birthday Quilt...

So just FYI I didn't make it to the voting portion of the Modern Mini Challenge, oh well! I sent it off to someone special today.

In other news, I made it to the TOP 10 of the Sew Mama Sew True Love Tutorial Contest. I was dumb and didn't post it here, which could have possibly led to more votes. Oh well again, I'll keep you updated on the outcome of that one. I'm also still waiting to hear the results from the Tangerine Tango Challenge (super tough competition for that one).

At the beginning of the year I had decided to make my sister's kids quilts for their birthdays this year. Simultaneously, my mother-in-law decided to make quilts for all of her grandkids for Christmas this year, so she went through all of her super large stash of fabric and WIPS to see what she wanted to use and had sent me a bunch of these super cute finished blocks that she put together from THIS tutorial. At that time, my back was out, so I was unable to actually put together a quilt for my niece Laney, whose birthday was in January, and was super grateful these blocks came right about that time, thinking I'd get it done when my back felt better since all I had to do was put them into rows and sew them together. I did manage to put the top together at the beginning of February, but then it still sat until my back was able to tolerate quilting it. So it sat, and sat. Well this week is her big sisters birthday. So last night I quilted Laney's quilt, and today I put the binding on it. That leaves me with ONE more quilt to put together by tomorrow! Yikes! Luckily it's the raw edge hexy applique quilt. The only thing is it's a the largest of all these quilts so it might take me until we go over for cake and ice cream to get it done!!!




5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you could use that UFO of mine! It turned out so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lucky kids! Wish I had an aunt that quilted when I was little! Love your colour combos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet quilt! Love those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure were lucky to receive all those cute finished blocks. I hope your back feels better soon. Be careful. I'd love to see the finished hexie quilt. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! She is going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete