Monday, March 5, 2012

Improvise!

Modern Mini Challenge

So this afternoon I got online to Ellison Lane, just to see how many people had linked up for the Modern Mini (and to see all the awesome minis!) and noticed that her post noted TODAY as the final day to link up!!! I somehow had it in my head that linkups would be held starting today through Friday. So I had to improvise and change my idea. Instead of going for the full on mini that I had planned (about 14"x14") I rearranged and came up with a similar design for a mug rug size. So here's is my completed Mug Rug. It's about 11"x7" and I'm absolutely in love with the way it turned out (for getting it done in 2 hours)! I followed in Bonnie and Camille's footsteps and figured vintage is modern, so the back of the Mug Rug is a large piece of vintage sheet leftovers. I also pieced the binding to add a little more color, not that it needed it.



1 comment:

  1. I love this! The little squares really pop against the dark background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete