Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Goings on...

Okay, so it's been a while...sorry! Things have just been slow going since I'm currently living as a single mom for 3 weeks at a time while my husband works out of state. This past trip about did me in. My son got into trouble for going into someones house while they were not home to play with their cat. Which left him inside bugging me ALL day long for the entire first week. A few days after that, he blatantly disobeyed Allison when she told him to put a rock down and he through it and broke her front window. Needless to say, I was mad, embarassed, and annoyed. This is his second broken window in 8 months. So this time, he lost EVERYTHING. I took away all his toys and he was left to sit in his room with nothing but books to read. That night I rummaged through his toys and picked out all the cool toys (his favorites obviously) that he needed to sell, along with his bike and scooter, to earn money to pay me back for the window. That weekend, I made him stand out on the corner with all his stuff and hold a sign. At the same time as the window incident, I had decided it was high time to upgrade my camera since I have a wedding coming up this weekend. So obviously, having to shell out money (that I don't really have) for an upgrade, and money for a window, has left me a bit on edge since the whole reason my hubs is working out of state for 3 weeks at a time, is so we can save money to buy a little car. My current vehicle is on loan from my dad and comes in the form of an old 3/4 ton pickup that doesn't have A/C. It's hard on gas, and hard on my back, since I have to reach in through the door frame and seat to strap my toddler into his carseat. Not fun.


I also received my package for the Modernista Homemade Swap. Mine came from Yvette (craftyozgirl) and she did such an amazing job making items that are so me! Don't you just love that little owl! He is currently sitting on my shelf in my sewing room. Since I didn't have a camera, I had to take this pic with my iphone. I will get a better pic of my goodies with the new one when I get a sec.

Untitled


Anyway, since I haven't been able to get to my sewing machine to complete any totally awesome projects, I thought I'd share some photos I took of someone elses projects! Click over to Brandy's site to see her WIPS coming together nicely and consider following. She'll be having a giveaway once a week for the month of August, starting next week.





1 comment:

  1. Poor you,you are having a tough time.We have all been there with the kids.Mine are grown now,but my grandson breaks everything he touches.
    The little owl is cute.
    Hope your week gets better.
    P s your boy looks like butter wouldn't melt .
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete