Friday, August 10, 2012

Super Post...

How's everyone doing now that summer is coming to an end? We have 11 more days until school starts! Crazy! Things have still been crazy over here in my part of the woods. I've been having fun hanging out with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law since they are here from Alaska! My kiddos are having a blast getting to know their cousins better and I've been enjoying the company!

Last weekend I drove down to Logan, Utah to photograph a wedding. So in between taking care of kids and running the usual errands, I've been editing photos like this one:


I have also began work on this kiddo quilt:


The bugs were given to me months ago by my friend Bobbie. She got a new toy top of the line embroidery machine for Christmas last year and has been having a ton of fun making little critters like the ones above. I added some fun colorful borders and some solid squares as fillers. I really like how colorful this one is.

The last time my mother-in-law was in town, we did the Eastern Idaho shop hop. There were a few stores that really stood out to us. And I was able to hit one on my way to Logan for the wedding last weekend. It's called Suppose. They have a super cute shop that was highlighted in the spring/summer issue of Quilt Sampler. Then this week we took a day and hit up Sages in Pocatello, and the Ribbon Retreat in Shelley.

I got a little carried away with the fabric purchasing...but I'm in LOVE with all my goodies!






I also had some time while my MIL watched kids, to cut out this stack:


And I also made these pillow shams. These ARE for sale by the way SOLD. They are made from Lotta Jansdotter's not yet released line, Bella. I am in love with the colors. And the little birdies! These are 16" covers and I'm letting my FB and blogger friends nab them for $25 (free shipping to US) for the pair. If no one wants them I'm going to try them in my very bare Etsy shop for $30. They will be lonely as the only listing, so they're begging someone out there,

"Please friend...yes you! Can you please adopt us and let us come lounge on your couch and snuggle with you? We'd love to hold up your head as you rest. Or be there for you when you need to scream into something big and soft because you got through several chained pieces before you realized you sewed them all wrong sides together...please? We love you, and we know you'll love us too."

teehee.




If anyone is interested just email me. The first person to contact me will get them. Hope everyone is enjoying what's left of summer!!!



1 comment:

  1. I love all your new fabric!!!!! I wish I had the money for those pillows:) I was drooling:) And those pictures of Teah's wedding are so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete