Monday, August 13, 2012

Buggin'...

I was feeling a little like I haven't accomplished anything in a while. Aside from the pillows, I really haven't. I've just been cutting and sewing and cutting and sewing...tiny little pieces for a quilt that I'm working on that has to be to Quiltmaker Mag by the end of the month. It's been a little stressful. So I needed some completed project satisfaction. I had a chance to put together my bug quilt top before my mother-in-law came into town. So while she was here, I took a few minutes to run some simple free motion lines through it. I'm really loving that super simple sketchy grid pattern. Maybe one day, I'll be able to afford a walking foot and be able to actually throw down some super straight lines, but until then, I'm enjoying the organic lines. I took a break from all my piecing and decided I just needed to finish something, and I put a scrappy binding on it. I really like the way it turned out. When my friend Bobbie first gave me the bugs, I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. I thought about using them individually for projects like, adventure sacks for my boys, or even bibs! HA! How would you like that? Feeding a baby who's wearing a giant bug on their chest! teeheee. But in the end I decided a bright and fun little picnic/outdoor quilt suits these little guys fine.

The quilt measure 38.5" square. 



I also had an extra little block that I cut down to the wrong size...so this little lady keeps me company above my cutting table. It's pretty fitting since our house gets infested with lady bugs this time of year. And we find them randomly throughout the winter. At least this one in sedatary. Heh.




2 comments:

  1. Love Jense standing on the couch, holding it up & peering over the edge. Cute. (Love the colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! reminds me of a bugs life :)

    ReplyDelete