Thursday, March 7, 2013

nerf quilt and pillows...revisit

Hey everyone!

I completely missed my Monday Update! So sorry! I'll post a big post next time around. In the meantime, I have been debating on which project I should link up to this years Sew-vivor Competition. Do I think I've got what it takes to be a Sew-vivor? I think so...but we'll see. I know there's not really anything special about this quilt, but I hope it shows that a little something out of the ordinary. There is no other NERF quilt in existence (at least that I know of...because I researched).

This quilt consists of kona cotton, a couple dark grey twin flat sheets, some serious applique, and is finished with some organic straight line quilting (currently my favorite method for quilting). I love this quilt because it was made for a very special little boy who is being raised by his super loving grandparents. My son kept asking me if it was for him, and I had to tell him, no, sorry kiddo, this is for a little boy who needs extra hugs (not that mine couldn't use them; it was just easier to say that than to say, nope sorry).


I'm linking this up to Sew-vivor hosted by Family Ever After

No comments:

Post a Comment