Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Swap goodies, 70's spreads, and a new list

I'm finally home and have the biggest mess in the living room that I'm ignoring to bring you this blog post! Right before I left for California I received two packages. One was from the Covert Robin Swap, and the other was from the Monthly Fabric Swap Group.


For the Covert Robin Swap, I received this super lovely pillow from Amy. I love that it's scrappy!!























Then for the MFSG I received these gorgeous FQ's from the Les Amis line (Patty Sloniger for Michael Miller). I LOVE this line, espcially the fox print and the wood grain print! Gorgeous!!! Thank you to my partner Alisha for these!
















Now for some fun vintage goodness... while in California I went to a couple estate sales. I just love estate sales. And came across this awesome stack of sewing books. The collection is called The Art of Sewing with 6 books that touch on different looks that were all the rage in the 1970's. The cool part about each of these books in that each one is covered in a different type of fabric and pattern and the books have several patterns in them (none that I see using at any point in my near future but I love the books none the less.) I just love the first page spreads...these are some of the better ones.
































Quarter 2 of the Finish-A-Long over at She Can Quilt has begun. Since I didn't finish all my projects from the first quarter, I'll be taking a stab at those items that were left on it. So here's my new list for Quarter 2:

HUB QUILT
LEFT OVERS QUILT
BABY BOY PLUS QUILT
LIBRARY TOTE (for my 6 year old)
MIL's ANIMAL PRINT BABY QUILT (quilting only)





1 comment:

  1. That pillow is stunning! So are those FQs - fun mail for sure...

    ReplyDelete