Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Traveling Quilts...

These quilts were pieced by a recently made friend, Hilary (see the quilt I made for here HERE). She has dipped her toes into the quilting world and is ready to jump in! She sent them down from Alaska to be quilted and bound. Unfortunately the lady that she was wanting to do the long arm quilting has been a bit overwhelmed lately, and since I'm all about getting projects done so people can fully enjoy their quilts, I somewhat talked her into letting me do them instead. I hope she likes them. The Vintage Modern (Bonnie and Camille for Moda) is a disappearing nine patch and has an all over hearts on a vine design. I LOVE the way it turned out...I'm definietly using that quilting design again.

The boy quilt is made from Denyse Schmidt and other fabrics from JoAnn's. I did a swirly pattern in diagonal waves. I really like that one too!!! That design will also be put to good use again! And then when I was done I added a little woven tag that I got from Yvette (craftozgirl) during the Modernista Homemade swap through flickr.

These will be taken to the post office today and shipped back to Alaska!


1 comment:

  1. They are lovely, very colourful :)

    I like the heart quilting

    ReplyDelete