Monday, February 18, 2013

First Day...of many

Thursday and Friday I started on a new workout plan called C25k (couch to 5k); it's a treadmill workout in an app for your phone. The app is free and I downloaded it to my iPhone (they have other apps as well). It's 8 weeks long, 3 days a week, for about 30 minutes each day. The best part is that you can run your music/playlist through the app and the app will quiet your music in order to give you instructions. So you never have to look down at your phone to check your progress. Since I technically wasn't planning on starting until today, I will restart my program tonight when I hit the gym, instead of continuing from last weeks practices.

I went grocery shopping on Saturday to stock up for a weeks worth of healthy eating. My goal is to get through one week at a time. I'm not a patient person, so monthly goals don't really work for me. I need shorter periods with small successes to help me go the distance. Today is day 1 of 6 and the new week will always begin on Mondays; with Sundays as a free day.

My calorie intake is set at 1500 per day. My goal for water consumption is 1 gallon per day. And my C25k 30 minute gym visit kills about 150. Which isn't a lot, but that's just to get me started. I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to fit in 2 days a week of a muscle building workout.


Here is my menu for the next 6 days:

Breakfast: 301

Green Smoothie-

1/2 cups of fat free milk, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
1 6oz container of fat free light strawberry yogurt
1/2 a small banana
3 cups of spinach

Snack: 270

Green Apple
2T of creamy peanut butter

Lunch: 379

2  slices of whole wheat toast
6 slices of turkey lunch meat
1 slice of kraft single American cheese

Dinner: 208

3 cups of spinach
1 cup of strawberries
Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing


That leaves me a bit of wiggle room to change things up...like having a chicken caesar salad instead of a plain spinach salad, a plain fruit smoothie or protein smoothie instead of a green one, or a different kind of sandwich instead of turkey.


On a sewing note, I'm slowly putting away at cutting up FQ's for a twin sized bed quilt made from Allison's pattern FOUND HERE.

I packaged up what I thought were my last two swap packages for the year until I found The Covert Robin swap and couldn't resist. Can we say addicted? Yeah, and I thought Taco Bell and Diet Coke were only vices.



Anyway, happy Monday (and President's day) and thanks for sticking with me as I post my process to a healthier lifestyle. My goal is to inspire, whether it be in the sewing room, or in the workout room.


1 comment: