Sunday, September 8, 2013

#citysampler #tula100

As if I didn't already have a million things to do, I joined the City Sampler Sew Along over at Sew Sweetness. I bought the book at Tula's booth during spring quilt market in Portland. I'm not really a huge fan of sampler quilts, but I couldn't get this book out of my mind. I almost didn't buy it at market either, but I couldn't resist. I've only put together 8 blocks so far, and I'm totally in love with them. I'm behind on the sew along because of the move and unpacking and my sewing table hasn't even made in into the house yet. But I couldn't resist any longer!! So I started with the first five blocks, followed by the 3 that the sew along is currently on. Here they are...


You may or may not have noticed that a few of the blocks have mistakes in them. I don't plan on changing that! The cool part is that Tula encourages us in her book to make the quilt our own. Name the blocks, write in the margins, take notes. Make a journal so to speak. I've been doing just that. If I made a mistake, it's because I was trying to do two things at once. Block #4 is called afternoon snack. I was sewing this block right when my son got home from school I was trying to tell him what his options were for a snack and getting him into his afternoon routine and right when I got done I realized that one of my corner blocks was sewing together wrong. I left it the way it is and wrote in the margins. I love that when I look back into the book, or when I notice the block in the future, that I can go back and read what I was doing/thinking while making the block. I'm very excited about this sew a long and look forward to having all 100 blocks completed in the next couple months. I have big plans for it's future. ;)




1 comment:

  1. I didn't notice your lunch snack block was different until you told me it was :)

    ReplyDelete