Saturday, November 9, 2013

Swapping

I'm back in swapping mode now that its getting cold outside and I have some down during the day. I've recently joined the following swaps on Flickr: Modern Scrappy Bits, Pillow Talk Swap-Holiday Edition, Doll Quilt Swap, and Sew Sew Modern.

This past week I've been working on my Pillow Talk Swap item and this is what I came up with.
I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe its just something about the colors. I'm not a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas. I LOVE to incorporate ALL colors into the holiday, not just the regular ones. I'm not an embroiderer by any means. In fact, I've only done it once, maybe twice. So the words are a little wonky. The words are from The Polar Express, when Tom Hanks is singing to the kids on the train. I watched the clip on YouTube and even though I've seen the movie before, I TOTALLY didn't remember it.

Today I sat down to put together a pouch for the Modern Scrappy Bits swap. I LOVE this swap. It's quick, it's easy, and you get awesome scraps from it. It lets me bring in a lot of different fabrics (even if they are just little scraps) that I wouldn't be able to get my hands on normally.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, well done! Love your little quote and the non-traditional-ish pillow for PTS. One of my favorite things about winter in Florida is being able to really enjoy hot chocolate! And your little pouch is so cute - love the orange. Are you maybe my partner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you're doing here guys, keep it up!..
    swapza

    ReplyDelete