Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 90th Birthday...

Towards the end of November my aunt Tracy contacted me about making a hand print quilt for someone very special in her family. I instructed her to have all those participating trace their hands onto card stock and to send them to me. I appliqued them to white Kona cotton and used invisible thread to secure them to the background. I used Allison's Squares and Stripes Bed Quilt tutorial as a guideline but upped the size of the blocks to 10" unfinished to accommodate the hands and decided not to use the 16 patch squares. For the quilting I used a basic stipple with tracing around the hands. The fabric is Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille (with two other FQ's I had in my stash), the backing is this print from Highstreet by Lily Ashbury for Moda, and the binding is a green dot from Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille. I didn't get many pics of this quilt. In fact, I got one. I finished it at 8:30am this morning, hit up my hubs office to have him hold it so I could take a picture, and sent it on its way to my aunt this afternoon so they could give it to Grandma Duke at her 90th birthday celebration. I really really hope they like it!!!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love it and I am sure the recipient and family loved it as well. So very special.

    ReplyDelete